June 25, 2020 Staff Updates
Attention all staff:
I would like to share some of the things that we are working on at Sundowners. We have been working with the City of Windsor, both school boards, the Ministry of Education, and the Windsor Essex County Health Unit (WECHU). While we do not have a set date, we have begun the steps to reopen some sites for the summer. We are planning to run four sites: Holy Cross, King Edward, Dougall and Talbot Trail. Please see steps that will be completed prior to reopening:
- Our Pandemic Plan has been submitted to the WECHU for approval. This encompasses updated procedures, H&S, cleaning and sanitizing, etc.
- A visit from WECHU will be scheduled.
- Training for staff will be conducted.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing practices have been created.
- Required PPE has been obtained.
- A “Screener” will be stationed at each site. Staff and children will be screened upon arrival and only those that successfully complete the screening process will be allowed access to the centre. Clear instructions and forms will be provided.
- At this time, the Province has allowed Cohorts of 10 in each designated space. This 10 will include children as well as total staff in a designated space. (For example: 9 children and one staff member).
- Staff and children are to remain in the same cohort for at least a one-week period.
- We are revising our staffing model for submission to the WECHU for review.
- We are exploring options to register children.
I know many of you have questions. We ask for your patience at this time and we will continue to share more information as it becomes available. We look forward to coming together and returning to our families to provide the quality care we are known for.
Human Resources and Administration Coordinator