Pandemic Plan Updates
Based on the announcement by the Chief Medical Officer of Health and in consultation with both school boards, Sundowners will be updating our Pandemic Plan in the coming weeks to align with provincial guidance.
Effective March 14th:
• Staff and visitors will no longer be subject to the mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Disclosure Policy. Staff will no longer be required to conduct rapid antigen tests 3 times per week.
Effective March 21st:
• The wearing of masks (and shields) will be an individual choice, not a requirement. PPE will be provided to staff and children upon request. Sundowners will support and respect those who choose to wear PPE and we encourage the Sundowners community to do the same.
• Sundowners will continue to ask all staff and children to self-screen with the provincial screening tool prior to arriving at child care. We will no longer require verification upon arrival. • Individuals returning from international travel are reminded to follow current federal travel requirements, including those related to masking in public places.
Sundowners will continue:
• promoting hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette,
• maintaining enhanced cleaning protocols,
• requiring anyone who is sick to remain at home,
• to follow the provincial guidelines for isolation. The Covid-19 School and Child Care Screening Tool will assist in making these determinations. https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/
Sundowners recognizes that these changes are significant. Although, these may be welcome changes for many, some may find this transition challenging. Sundowners will support families and staff as we navigate through these changes. We will continue to review our health and safety protocols in conjunction with the health unit and school boards and make adjustments as necessary. Notifications will be posted on the website and/or sent via email.
We want to thank the entire Sundowners Community for the continued support and patience during these challenging and ever-changing times.