Being tagged in this frenzied fish fest means the fun has just begun: tagged players become Seaweed and must assist the Shark in tagging others.
- Determine a playing area and have the players’ line up along a boundary, with 1 player (the Shark) in the middle of the field.
- At “Go” the players on the boundary attempt to cross the playing area without being tagged by the Shark.
- Those tagged become Seaweed and must then attempt to snag other players, but unlike the Shark, they must remain in one spot.
- The group of untagged players continues to cross the field until only 1 person remains free; this player becomes the Shark in the next game.
- Once per game, the Shark may call a “Hurricane round,” during which the Seaweed can move around as they tag other players.