Skip to content
Play a Blade of Grass
- Search the lawn for a long, medium-width blade of grass, (Thin blades break easily, and thick ones are harder to get a note out of.)
- Hold the grass taut between your thumb knuckles and the heels of your palms.
- If you can’t get the grass in the right place, lick the edge of one thumb, stick the blade of grass to it, then press your hands together.
- Pucker your lips, place them against the opening between your thumbs, and blow.
- Once you start to hear sound, try blowing softly to make a buzzing noise like a giant mosquito, or with force for an ear piercing squeal.