Hiring Now: SUPERVISOR (RECE)
Join the Sundowners Team!
Sundowners is seeking a qualified SUPERVISOR to join our management team. We are a non-profit multi-centre early learning and child care service provider operating in Windsor/Essex County. The Supervisor is responsible for facilitating the day to day operation of child care centre(s), providing leadership in keeping with the early learning and care philosophy of the organization. The Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the program(s), working effectively with staff in a unionized environment and with families and children building healthy relationships and community. The Supervisor is a person who is a member in good standing of the College of Early Childhood Educators and has at least two years proven experience working in a licensed child care environment. The Supervisor is committed to attending and promoting on-going professional development through workshops, training and building communities of practice. The Supervisor has an excellent command of the English language (both oral and written); highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to co-operate, follow instructions and make decisions.
Qualifications, Supervisor, RECE (not limited to list below)
- Must be able to manage multiple child care centres in a fast paced environment
- Registered Early Childhood Educator and a member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Must provide Certificate for Continuous Professional Learning (CPL) from the College of ECE
- Post-Secondary Degree in related field an asset
- Professional Development Portfolio (listing for last 5 years)
- Working knowledge of the new Child Care Centre Licensing Manual
- Familiar with How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years
- Requirements: First Aid/CPR; Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Person Check; Medical (fit and able to work)
- Car – own transportation required for multi-centre locations
- Proven experience an asset
Skills & Abilities (not limited to list below)
- Computer skills: strong working knowledge of Word, Excel (spreadsheets), Access (database, maintenance and functions)
- Management and monitoring of Purchase of Service – subsidized attendance tracking system
- Bookkeeping: manage, distribute, reconciliation of petty cash float; manage cash/receipts and reconciliation of accounts
- Recordkeeping: as it relates to the day to day operations of the child care centre(s) such child attendance, sign in/sign out, children’s records; staff attendance and payroll records to ensure accuracy etc.
- Registration Process – booking appointments and completion of entire client/child registration.
- Ordering of equipment, materials, or supplies as required
- Email – intranet and internet based system
Application: Qualified applicants must submit a cover letter and resume and two current references via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Sundowners, P.O. Box 925, Windsor, Ontario N9A 6P2 .
(Only those selected for an interview will be contacted)